How will you assess my child's work and progress?
Feedback can take many forms and may not always mean extensive written comments for individual children; for example, whole-class feedback or quizzes marked automatically via digital platforms are also valid and effective methods, amongst many others. Our approach to feeding back on pupil work is as follows:
- All children will be asked to 'hand in' their work on teams following the completion of any assignments set by class teachers.
- We will sometimes use online quizzes to check if your child has understood what they have been learning.
- We will use directed questioning techniques and retrieval practice activities to check children's understanding of previous lessons.
- If a child is struggling with their work, or needs individual feedback, they will be asked to stay on the live meeting for further support or a telephone call home will be made.
- Verbal and written feedback will be given as and when is necessary particularly if children have any misconceptions. Most verbal and written feedback is at least weekly with daily feedback as necessary.